Thursday, October 8, 2009

Advice From a Friend

Received via email from my friend Ben, ACE staffer and amazing photographer, with two little ones of his own:

Kathleen: Before Eli arrived, I had a friend I was talking with about being a new parent with an infant. He said something that has stuck with me, and that I can definitely now attest to:

The really hard parts of being a parent are all tangible things. Lack of sleep, crying, fussiness, lack of time for self, and small frustrations here and there. But, the really great parts are all intangible (especially when they are really young). The joy, peace, and perspective having a baby brings ... and the opportunity to love unconditionally, and be loved unconditionally.” So, when the tangible becomes overwhelming, consider the intangible, and let that overwhelm you instead.

No comments: