Monday, June 23, 2008

And the Wait Begins

I know it sounds weird, but I'm so excited that our "wait" has finally officially begun and we don't need to do anything else except to sit tight and WAIT. Keep us in your prayers/thoughts that our wait will be as brief as possible!

In the meantime, we continue to occupy ourselves with our usual slew of activities. I honestly don't know where the weeks go!

I subbed for a Gentle Yoga class at Blue Heron Wellness in Silver Spring, MD, last week, and while I was there, the director was talking with me about a possible regular teaching opportunity (every new yoga teacher's dream: to teach at a "real" yoga studio!) come fall. So, in the context of that conversation, I explained that I had to think very carefully about taking this on, and I mentioned the adoption.

Well, the world continues to shrink, folks. It turns out that Elisa and her husband are the parents of two beautiful boys (8 and 10) from Guatemala! She took me into her office and proudly showed me the most amazing photos of these little guys. Smiling, holding hands on what was clearly someone's first day of school. They looked so happy and relaxed! It made me think about what our little one will hopefully look like in photos, once he/she arrives.

And I couldn't help but wonder if it gave me an "in" that I wouldn't have had, as far as this teaching opportunity goes! Ha ha!

Have a wonderful week! I probably won't write again this week, as there really is nothing new going on.

Hugs,
Kathleen

No comments: